Terms and conditions
MSP Handbook LLC Education Award (the “Contest”) has been created by MSP Handbook, LLC (“Sponsor”) (each a “Sponsor,” collectively the “Sponsors”) .
By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these rules ( the “Official Rules”) and Sponsors’ determinations regarding the Contest, which are final and binding.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and are void where prohibited.
There is no purchase necessary or other cost to apply to or win the Contest.
To be eligible to apply to the Contest, you (the “Entrant”) must apply on your own behalf and be all of the following as of the first day of the Contest Period (as defined below): (a) a legal resident of the United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding U.S. territories), (b) at least 18 years of age and (c) provide a brief essay describing a compelling reason they should be the recipient of the award (d) must not be engaged in illegal, potentially illegal, or illegitimate activities as adjudged in Sponsors’ determination.
- The potential recipients are subject to verification of eligibility by each Sponsor
- Contest PERIOD.
The Contest starts on October 1, 2022 and will remain open on a rolling basis as funds are available.
Sponsors reserve the right to shorten or lengthen the Contest Period for any reason in its sole discretion.
- HOW TO ENTER.
To enter the Contest, each Entrant must clearly and concisely complete all sections of the online application, which can be accessed during the Contest Period by: (1) going to https://themsphandbook.com/#popup-1; and (2) completing and submitting the application ( the “Entry”). The full list of Entry questions included in the application can be found at https://themsphandbook.com/#popup-1.
Limit: One Entry per Entrant. Multiple entries received for any Entrant after the first Entry received from that Entrant is void.
- ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS.
Sponsors may disqualify any Entry that is submitted, as adjudged in Sponsors’ determination:
- with any material that is indecent, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate;
- in bad faith, is inappropriate, or otherwise violates these Official Rules;
- by an Entrant who is ineligible or noncompliant with these Official Rules;
If there is a dispute about who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and the individual identified in the Entry will be deemed the Entrant for the Contest. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The Entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- OTHER ENTRY TERMS.
After an Entry has been submitted, it cannot be modified in any way and the Sponsors are not responsible for any delayed Entry, incomplete Entry, or Entry not received, recognized, or accepted for any reason.
Entrant retains all rights in and to its product or service, including all intellectual property rights, but no Entry may disclose any information confidential to or any trade secret of the Entrant or any third party. Sponsor will treat all information disclosed by Entrant as non-confidential.
By submitting an Entry to the Contest, each Entrant hereby grants the Sponsors, irrevocable, perpetual, global, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the information in the Entry, in whole or in part, and such Entrant’s name, logos, and other trademarks, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media, or technology, now known or later developed, for any purpose including for promotional and marketing purposes, including, but not limited to, MSP Handbook, LLC and its successors and/or assignees.
- The Sponsors do not guarantee that any Entry will be used as described in the preceding license.
- The Sponsors are not responsible for any unauthorized use by third parties of any Entry.
- JUDGING CRITERIA AND SELECTION OF WINNERS.
Entries will be judged by the Sponsors, based on the following judging criteria, the weighting of which to be determined solely by the Sponsors:
- All eligibility criteria met
- Proposed use of educational award
The Finalists and Contest Winners will be notified by email and/or phone upon their selection.
- Sponsors, in their sole discretion, shall select the Finalists from the Entrants that have been selected (the “Finalists and Contest Winners”).
- Prior to becoming a Contest Winner, each Finalist will be required to execute and return to Sponsors a separate agreement, to be provided upon their selection as a Finalist (the “Finalist Declaration and Recipient Agreement”).
- Subject to compliance with these Official Rules and providing requisite information to Contest Participants, and they will award the applicable prize to the Contest Winner.
- Prior to selection, Sponsors may, in their determination, request that Entrants: (i) conduct a brief interview with Sponsor(s), and/or (ii) request additional materials relating to their Entry.
- Sponsors’ decisions are final and not open to dispute of any kind.
- If a potential Finalist or Contest Winner cannot be located or does not respond within seven (7) days after the Sponsors’ notification, or the potential Finalist or Contest Winner rejects the prize or fails to complete the Finalist Declaration and Recipient Agreement within the allotted time period, the Contest Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate recipient.
- SUMMARY OF PRIZES
Each Contest Winner (Awardee) will receive an award less than or equal to $1000 worth of education credits – MSP Handbook, LLC will register the awardee for their certification and the Awardee will be communicated with to register for their Xposure and channelWise awards. (“Contest Prize”)
Each Contest Winner may receive recognition on the MSP Handbook LLC, Xposure and channelWise sites.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute property of equal or greater value for any Contest Prize that cannot be awarded.
Each Contest Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsors.
Each Contest Prize Award Winner recipient is responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Contest Prize acceptance and use not specified in these Official Rules.
The Sponsors make no warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any Contest Prize awarded in the Contest.
- ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of being awarded a Contest Prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS.
Releases. Each Entrant and Officer will release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsors, and the respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and funding partners, and the shareholders, owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Sponsors,” and each, a “Contest Party”)), from any and all injuries, liability, losses, and damages of any kind to persons, including death or property damage resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Entrant’s or the Officer’s participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Contest Prize.
- Liability Limitation. The Sponsors are not responsible for:
o lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries;
o lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet service provider, website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including errors or difficulties that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, or the announcement of the Contest Prize recipients;
o any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest;
o injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Program or downloading materials from or use of Sponsors’ and/or Sponsors website or other platforms.
- Contest Compromised. If any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, worms, bugs, nonauthorized human intervention, or other causes that, in Sponsors’ or Contest participant’s determination, corrupt or impair the Contest’s administration, security, fairness, or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor or Contest Participants may suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the Recipients from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the Contest’s compromise using the judging procedure outlined above.
- Interpretation. In these Official rules: “Including” means including but not limited to. “Sponsors’ determination” means Sponsor’s determination in their respective sole discretion.
- Contest Changes. Sponsors reserve the right to modify these Official Rules in order to better achieve the Contest’s purpose as adjudged in Sponsors’ determination, without liability or obligation to Entrants. Sponsor will give notice of any such modifications to the Official Rules on the Contest’s official site and in these Official Rules.
- By entering and participating in the Contest, each Entrant and Officer permits the use of
Entrant’s and Awardee’s names and submitted content for programming, advertising,
publicity, and promotional purposes in all media, now known or later created, worldwide
and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsors and their designees,
without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from Entrant or
Officer or any third party and without prior notice, approval, or inspection.
- Each Entrant will execute specific consent to the uses described in the
previous sentence at Sponsors’ request.
- No Entrant may release on their own or through a third party any publicity or other materials regarding their participation in the Contest, without Sponsors prior written consent.
- Entrant warrants to Sponsors that it has all the rights to use and grants Sponsors the right to use the information in the Entry
- GOVERNING LAW. These Official Rules shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Except for any suit, action or proceeding for injunctive or other equitable relief based on one party’s claim that the other party breached or is threatening to breach the other party’s intellectual property rights, any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity hereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined by arbitration in the state of Delaware. The arbitration shall be conducted in English and administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures, provided, however, if the aggregate claims and the aggregate counterclaims in each case are less than $250,000 (USD), the arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of competent jurisdiction. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated (or otherwise disputed) on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only Sponsors’ or your individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated.
- USE OF DATA.
By participating in the Contest, each Entrant and Officer acknowledges that Sponsors/Contest Participants, will collect private or personal data about the Entrant and the Officer that is submitted in the Entry (the “Private Information”).
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE
GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND RESIDE IN
ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME
Learn. Live. Give.
2022 The MSP Handbook. All Rights Reserved